Monday, June 6, 2011

Dino Egg Cake Pops

I had the pleasure of making Petite Pops for a little boys first birthday party!  The theme of his party was Dinosaurs so I had to make an appropriate type of Petite Pop - Dinosaur Egg Cake Pops!  I chose chocolate cake and chocolate icing as the flavors and rolled them into the shape of an egg:

 
  In order to achieve the speckled look I used Colorburst Candy Melts to cover the "Dino Eggs":


To really drive the dinosaur effect home, I then sprayed the "Dino Eggs" with edible spray paint and made them come to life, so to speak:


Once the "Dino Eggs" were dry, I wrapped and tagged them!  I had so much fun making these Petite Pops and it means the world to me that I was asked to do it for a little boys 1st birthday!  


Happy Birthday Brayden!


1 comment:

  1. Cute! I pinned these to my dino idea board: http://pinterest.com/reneessoirees/dinosaur-party-ideas/

    :)

    ReplyDelete