Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mocha Espresso Petite Pops

There are few things in life that I could NOT live without: my Lord, my Husband, my puppy, family and friends, sports, and coffee!  My day doesn't really start until I have my morning coffee... whether that is at 5:30am or 12pm! I think my mother would have to admit that her addiction to coffee is just as bad!  Her love for coffee may be a little more obsessive than mine - and I conclude this from exhibit A: Her Personalized Gold Plated Starbucks Reward Card!



My mothers birthday was last week and I wanted to try something different for her personalized petite pops.  I decided to make Mocha Espresso Petite Pops - and I improvised every bit of it.

I started with a chocolate cake recipe and instead of using water I added already brewed coffee.  Once baked and cooled, I Mixed it with vanilla icing - to resemble "creamer" in coffee, and added instant Mocha Flavored Coffee to the mixture.  (Shout-out to Angie for saving me from another trip to the grocery store)!


I rolled the cake balls, dipped them in rich dark chocolate, and topped them with a coffee bean - for a little extra coffee kick!


The end result: A Rich Mocha Espresso Petite Pop that won't keep you up all night!

1 comment: